On December 2nd from 13:00 to 15:00 this ASBP online event, held in partnership with the ASBP Reducing Plastics in Construction Group, will showcase the latest research, initiatives and solutions to reduce, reuse and recycle plastics in the construction industry.
The ASBP’s 3rd annual Healthy Buildings Conference and Expo in February 2019 sought to explore the issues and impacts of plastic waste and pollution on our planet, and identify possible solutions and alternatives to help tackle the over-use of plastics within the construction industry.
Launched in April 2019, the ASBP Reducing Plastics in Construction Group is a cross-sector membership group, bringing together stakeholders from across the construction value chain to learn collaboratively and address plastics in construction issues, both in products and packaging.
- 13:00 Welcome from the Alliance for Sustainable Building Products – Simon Corbey, Director, ASBP
- 13:10 Plastics in Construction: An overview – Katherine Adams, Technical & Research Associate/Circular Economy Lead, ASBP
- 13:20 Session 1: Beyond single use plastics – Waste reduction and take back schemes
- 13:50 Session 2: How can we make plastic products more sustainable?
- Recycled plastics for furniture and fit-out – Emily Skinner, Project Manager, Smile Plastics
- Flooring manufactured from waste plastic – Becky Gordon, Regional Sustainability Manager (UKIME), Interface
- 14:10 Short break
- 14:15 Session 3: How and where can we substitute plastic products
- ‘Virtually plastic free’ houses – Carl Taylor, Assistant Director of New Business and Growth, Green Square Accord
- Top alternatives to plastic construction products – Katherine Adams, Technical & Research Associate/Circular Economy Lead, ASBP
- 14:35 Q&A
- 15:00 Close